FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Commonly asked questions that customers ask us.
Can I pick up an order? Do you have a store front?
No. Everything is done by mail order only, thank you for understanding.
How long will spores last. What is their shelf life?
Mushroom spores can last for years! For long term storage it’s best if spores are stored in the refrigerator. Spore prints need to be sealed from moisture before storing in the fridge. Sealing them from air and heat prolongs their life. Spore prints have been known to last 18 years! Perhaps longer but this is the longest we are aware of from our customer feedback and our network. Spore syringes do not last as long because eventually the water develops bacteria. A general guideline is 8 to 12 months. Although we have heard many reports of 2 to 5 years. If your spore prints do not germinate within the usual time frame then rehydrate them in sterile water for 24 hours. Spores prints older then 6 months should always be soaked in sterile water for 24 hours before attempting to germinate them. Liquid culture syringes should be used within 3 months of receiving them. Liquid culture syringes absolutely should be stored in the refrigerator unless they will be used soon. Except the Pink Oyster cultures, they should be stored at room temperature. We offer a 60 day viable guarantee on liquid culture syringes. We do offer a 90 day viable guarantee on spore prints and spore syringes. Most vendors in this industry offer 30 days or no guarantee at all on spores so we feel 90 days is plenty of time to know if there is any problems.
Is mushrooms.com secure?
Yes. We have put in extra security features in to Mushrooms.com to ensure your information is encrypted and private.
- Our admin uses a 2 step verification process so nobody can hack our password. And it’s device dependent so anyone accessing our admin has to be on our local computer. This is critical as it keeps all the customers data safe.
- We have installed professional security scripts to prevent hackers from injecting malicious code in to mushrooms.com.
- Mushrooms.com is NOT on a cheap shared IP hosting plan with other web sites as we have our own server hosted by a highly reviewed and respected company that monitors the servers 24/7 for hackers. We also pay a professional security firm to harden our server and make it more secure and monitor it. Having a web site on cheap shared IP plan is one way hackers inject malicious code at the server level. We learned our lesson the hard way about this once at our previous web site. Never again.
- We use an SSL encryption for all the data that is sent between our order form, your bank and our gateway service. It's extremely rare you ever hear of SSL's getting hacked. You can always see a web site SSL is working by looking in the URL bar for a pad lock symbol or the URL address. Also the URL will be httpS instead of http.
- You're credit card information is not stored on our server, it is only transmitted to our gateway service Auhorize.net which is a well know and respected card processing gateway service.
We have taken a lot of measures to secure your data and credit card transactions, and we are always looking for new innovation in security to add to Mushrooms.com
Can you help me identify a wild mushroom?
NO. There is no way we could properly ID a mushroom through email. Please check out our book section for some awesome books written by professionals at identifying wild mushrooms. There is also some good forums in the online mushroom community for this. Such as the Shroomery Mushroom Hunting and Identification forum and Mushroom Observer.
Who do I make the money order payable to?
Please leave it blank. It's important you dont write your name on the Pay To line or any scribble or chicken scratch. We can not deposit those and we will have to return it to you. This is why we request it blank so we know it gets filled in correctly.
Do you accept personal checks?
NO. We will return it to you because to many customers sent us bad checks in the past.
What is the business name on packages you send?
T M T
Can I mail in my order and not use your cart system?
Yes but we prefer you do not. Mailing in orders not in our cart system brings on a new set of problems.
- We sort of use a live inventory system.
- We use coupon codes and specials that change weekly and some of those coupons are for limited supply items.
- It’s difficult to read some customers writing then the wrong address might get input.
- To many times customers like to make up there own prices or they don’t understand our specials and discounts.
- Or they forget to include shipping
It still puzzles us why some customers don’t want to use our nice easy shopping cart? If you really feel the need to bypass our cart system then understand this.
- If we run out of your first choice before your letter arrives, we will inlclude similiar strains as replacments (It's best to include alternate choices)
- We will honor the buy x get y free discounts.
Place all your items in the cart, fill in your information etc, then take a screenshot and print that out and mail it in.
Thanks for understanding, now please use our cart and make life easy on both of us.
What is General Delivery?
General delivery is a service the US Post Office offers to people who are in between addresses. Every city has at least one post office who accepts general delivery, usually the main post office. Not all post offices accept gernal delivery, call ahead. Basically a package is sent to that post office address care of your name. You then show and ID at the post office to pick up your package. Example;
Care of Mark Adams (your name here)
Chandler AZ. 85225
General Delivery is also a great option in the summer if you live in a hot climate as spores can not sustain hot temperatures for long periods of time. It’s best to have them wait in the cool air conditioned post office. This is also a good idea during periods of freezing temperatures during winter.
Are mushroom spores and cultures sensitive to high heat or freezing?
YES! We have covered this more extensively in our delivery information FAQ.
Can I call you to place an order OR ask questions?
Not at this time. Sorry we are not a phone order company at this time. Use the CONTACT US form at the bottom of the web site or if on a mobile phone it's under UTILITY PAGES > CONTACT US.
Can I mail you a letter to ask questions?
Yes. Even in a digital age people still like to send letters and that is ok. We will write you back and snail mail it. :)
Our address is:
PO BOX 7360
Chandler AZ 85246
How do I screw the needle on to the syringe?
There is a small plastic nipple screwed into the end of the syringe barrel to hold the spore or culture solution in the syringe. Remove that first, then the needle will screw on.
DO YOU SHIP SPORES OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES?
YES! You can find more information about this in our DELIVERY INFORMATION FAQ.
If you did not find the answer to your question in this FAQ there is a lot more questions answered in our DELIVERY INFORMATION FAQ. Please read that before emailing us. Thank You.
Do you ship Psilocybe Mushroom Spores to California, Georgia or Idaho?
No, because psilocybe mushroom spores have been banned to import in these 3 states we will not ship there. Our cart will not allow checkout SHIPPING to these 3 states. BILLING addresses to these 3 states is OK. Gourmet mushroom cultures and spores we can ship to these states and the cart will not block those items.
Do you wait for eChecks to clear the bank?
If paying by eCheck, there will be a 8 busienss day delay on when we ship your order. Sorry but to many people have bounced checks on us and now we have wait to make sure the payment clears because we were losing to much money from bounced checks. About 8 days is usually enough time for the checks to clear if they are good. Thanks for understanding.